CBD Green Smoothie Bowl
I am a huge smoothie fan, so much so that they have become part of my daily routine. What I love about a smoothie bowl is that it can be a healthy and more substantial alternative to breakfast cereals and is also great at any other time of the day.
Not to mention how fun they are to look at, full of vibrant colours that take me right back to my memories of being in Bali. The best part is that they taste ridiculously good too!
This recipe is for a green smoothie bowl. I hate to say it as a pescatarian (mostly-vegetarian), but not all green smoothies take my fancy as some are a little ‘too green’ for me if you know what I mean! However, with the right proportions these bowls can be one of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to sneak some more veggies into to your diet, as you can barely taste them.
With the addition of CBD and even a little protein for the gym bunnies, you have a superfood smoothie packed full of health benefits and all without adding any refined sugars!
With more warm weather heading our way, these bowls make for a refreshing start to the day or even as a cool dessert. The options for toppings are unlimited, there’s something for everyone’s taste!
- Using frozen fruit ensures the smoothie that holds it shape however you can use fresh fruit too, just add a couple handfuls of ice to the blender.
- Make sure you use the most powerful blender you can get your hands on. A less powerful blender will need more liquid to churn the ingredients and will result in a runnier consistency.
- Portion your fruit in advance and place it in a labelled bag in the freezer.
- If you ever have any leftover fruit you don’t know what to do with, freeze it and make it into a smoothie bowl at a later date!
INGREDIENTS (Makes 1)
0.5ml Love Hemp® CBD Oil Liquid Drops 1200mg strength, 20mg
½ Frozen Avocado
200g Frozen Mango
A light splash of Coconut Milk, just enough to get the blender running.
(optional) Protein Powder
- Fruits (Kiwi, Berries, Bananas, Peaches, Pears, Pineapple)
- Seeds / Nuts /Cacao Nibs /Coconut Flakes
- Peanut butter / Honey
- Place all ingredients into the blender and blend for a minute or so, until smooth and creamy.
The amount of coconut milk needed will vary depending on how powerful your machine is. If you find you have added too much liquid, add a handful of ice to thicken the consistency. (I only use about 2 tbsp but my previous machine needed double that amount.)
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and decorate with your preferred toppings.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy your bowl!