To celebrate World Vegetarian Day, this Thursday 1st October we are sharing this tasty CBD guacamole recipe from Hanifah Debono (@pescatarianldn). Approximately 10% of people in the world are vegetarian and this day is used for people to celebrate their decision to live a meat-free, more conscientious life.
This recipe is a great way to incorporate CBD into your everyday meal and works well as CBD oil binds easily to fatty substances. Avocados are full of fat, the healthy kind (unsaturated), and so they are a perfect match with CBD! Many people love guacamole; it is packed full of protein while also fitting one of your five a day in!
Historically, many people became vegetarians for either health, religious or ethical reasons. In the current environmental climate and accessibility of vegetarian options more and more people are shifting to a vegetarian-flexitarian approach.
Even if you’re not a vegetarian, why not try it for one day! Meatless diets sometimes get a bad reputation for being a little boring or tasteless, but this recipe is anything but that, I promise. It is also a versatile way to get CBD into your food as you can have guacamole with tortillas, tacos, tostones (plantain slices shown in picture), toast, eggs, quesadillas, sandwiches... the list goes on!
In our household, guacamole is one of the most consistently loved and requested things – partly because it’s so delicious and partly because we have so many great memories of our time travelling around Mexico! We started our trip at Mexico City, flew across to Cancun, visited Holbox and then to Tulum. Throughout our time there, we ordered guacamole at every possible opportunity. Each varied in saltiness and spiciness – this recipe is our personal favourite combination!
Guacamole is a very straight forward thing to make, the only important thing needed to make this tasty appetiser great is having fresh and ripe ingredients! Traditionally guacamole is made in a molcajete, otherwise known as a Mexican pestle and mortar but in this recipe, I will walk you through the more modern and simple way using a fork to achieve the same thing.
- To stop your guacamole from turning brown; add an extra squeeze of lime, cover in an airtight container and put the stone in until serving.
- Buy your avocados one or more days before you plan to make the guacamole to avoid having hard, unripe avocados.
INGREDIENTS (Feeds 3)
- Love Hemp CBD OPTIONS: Love Hemp 400mg Cannabidiol CBD Oil Atomiser Spray Lemon or Love Hemp CBD Oil Liquid Drops (10%)
Oil Liquid Drops - 12 drops (20mg per portion)
Oil Atomiser Spray - 5ml (c.20mg per portion)
- 2 Very Ripe Avocados
- ½ Red Onion
- Green Chilli, with seeds if you can handle it!
- Handful of Coriander
- Large Handful of Vine Baby Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¼ Lime, juice of (opt.)
Serving suggestion: Tortilla Chips
- Finely dice your onion, tomatoes, green chilli. Roughly chop the coriander, set aside.
- Halve and stone the avocados using a knife. Then use a spoon to scoop the flesh out into a bowl. Save the stone.
If you can, leave the last three steps until you are ready to serve. If not, see top tips.
- Mash the avocado with a fork. You want it to still be a little chunky for texture. If doing a larger quantity, use a potato masher, it will be easier.
- Add your CBD oil, onion, tomatoes, chilli, coriander, lime (opt.) and combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with tortillas and enjoy!