Pancake Day: CBD Blood Orange and Chocolate Ganache Pancakes
Start your morning off right with these decadent pancakes! As you may know by now CBD is like a food group for me. Anytime I can fit CBD into my morning routine I will, and pancakes are no exception.
For a special occasion like Shrove Tuesday I have created an indulgent twist on the old classic chocolate and orange. I get hugely excited at this time of the year, as blood oranges are in season. The Moro variety are only around for a couple of months, so this recipe a great way to take full advantage of them. If you find that they are no longer in season when you want to try out this recipe though, it’s no problem. Simply swap them out for another variety of oranges that you like.
With most other pancake recipes, I end up eating the four person serving and end up feeling uncomfortably full by the end. Something that probably speaks volumes about my personality type! What I love about this recipe, and you will too if that resonates with you at all, is that it is so indulgent you leave the table feeling satisfied having only eaten a portion for one!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
For the chocolate sauce:
- 100g Love Hemp® CBD Dark Chocolate Balls, (25mg of CBD per serving)
- 20ml double cream
For the pancakes:
- 2ml Valencia Orange Love Hemp® CBD Oil Atomiser Spray 600mg strength (an additional 10mg of CBD per serving)
- 100g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 230ml milk
- 2 blood oranges/oranges, juice and zest of
- 30g butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 blood oranges to serve, cut into segments
- Sift your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- In a measuring jug, combined your wet ingredients.
- Slowly whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture, until smooth. Transfer the batter to the pourable measuring jug and set the mixture aside for 15 mins. Add up to 2 tablespoons more of milk to loosen the mixture up, if needed.
- Meanwhile make your chocolate sauce. In a small saucepan, heat the double cream on a low heat. Take off the heat and mix with the chocolate balls until smooth. Set aside and cover.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Once hot add a knob of butter and pour a little batter in a circular motion onto the pan. Cook until bubbles form at the top and the edges begin to dry a little. Flip with a spatula and repeat until the batter is finished.
- Serve your pancakes with segments of blood orange and lashings of chocolate sauce.