Creamy CBD Hummus Bowl Recipe
Hummus is one of the best dips of all time, with little room for argument. There's only one thing that can make it better: CBD! When you're in need of a healthy snack or a delicious homemade dip to serve with friends, this CBD-infused loaded hummus bowl will be your new best friend.
You might have heard that CBD is fat-soluble, which means it requires some sort of fat to do its best work. That's why CBD oil is so integral in the industry. When it comes to edibles, ones with some sort of added fat tend to be the most beneficial, and we think this tahini-loaded hummus bowl is the best way to blend cannabinoids and healthy fats together.
Feel free to mix up the toppings on this dish, but believe us when we say that sweet pickled onions, spicy jalapeños, and juicy roasted peppers are sure to go down a treat.
Try this wonderful recipe from food blogger @cupoftiah next time you're needing a healthy snack.
Ready in: 20mins
Makes: 1 big hummus bowl, enough to serve 4-6. 15-25mg per serving depending on portion size
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2x tins chickpeas, with the water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 tbsp tahini
- 4 garlic cloves
- 10ml Love Hemp CBD oil drops (I used the 300mg strength which makes this recipe contain 100mg CBD. 15-25mg per serving depending on portion size)
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapenos
- Roasted red pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- Pittas, tortilla chips, or flatbreads to serve
- Slice the onion into rings. Add to a bowl then pour over the vinegar and sugar; scrunch with your hands, then set aside to make a quick pickle.
- Tip the chickpeas and the water into a saucepan and warm through. Warm chickpeas leads to a creamier hummus!
- Ladle the chickpeas into the food processor with a little of the water. Add the lemon juice, cumin, paprika, tahini, garlic, and CBD oil. Blitz for up to 3 minutes until you have a smooth, creamy hummus. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice if desired. You can also add more chickpea water if it needs loosening.
- Scrape the hummus into a serving bowl. In a small dish, combine the harissa paste with the olive oil, and swirl this over the top. Season well with black pepper, then top with the pickled onions, jalapenos, and peppers. You can also sprinkle over some sesame seeds, if you like.