This tart is up there with our family favourite summer desserts. It is perfect for entertaining because it entails minimal effort and few ingredients for such a satisfying reward – it’s a real crowd pleaser and you get that real “feel good factor” when the whole tart is devoured, leaving people wanting more!
Who doesn’t love strawberries – they’re delicious You don’t cook or glaze the strawberries in this tart, they just need to be chopped. It’s fresh, it’s zesty and worthy of its place on the table on any summer occasion.
I made this tart for my first socially distanced BBQ of the year and it was snapped up in a matter of moments! The whole experience left me feeling quietly smug and I have since made it on three other occasions. Each time there has been no leftovers, which is a shame for my boyfriend as he’s convinced it would make a perfect breakfast!
British Strawberries are in season during the months of May through to September or as long as the weather holds. Of course, you can get Strawberries from other countries with warmer climates in other months but there’s nothing quite like a fresh punnet of British Strawberries! Eating fruit and vegetables that are in season is not only more environmentally friendly it supports British businesses and by virtue the economy, but they are also likely to be packed with flavour.
Did you know? 100g of Strawberries have more vitamin C than the 100g of Oranges! Vitamin C has countless health benefits some include, maintaining healthy skin, lowering blood pressure, improving immunity amongst others.!
- Use the thickest, full fat Greek Yoghurt you can find for this recipe. Using a low-fat Greek Yoghurt will result in a runnier tart when added to the CBD oil, which isn’t so much of a problem for the taste, but it will affect to texture. The thinner your Greek yoghurt the more likely it is that your tart will be less firm and harder to maintain shape once cut!
- Short on time? Use a store-bought pastry case, it will still taste great and will knock 45 mins off the preparation time. Or make the base and mascarpone-yoghurt filling in advance but don’t add your strawberries until you are close to serving. It won’t change the taste if you add them too soon, but the beautiful red pigment from the strawberries may run into the base changing the aesthetic.
INGREDIENTS (Feeds max 8)
- CBD OPTIONS: Love Hemp 400mg Cannabidiol CBD Oil Atomiser Spray Lemon or Love Hemp CBD Oil Liquid Drops (10%)
- Oil Liquid Drops - 32 drops (20mg per slice slices)
- Oil Atomiser Spray - 13ml (c.20mg per slice)
- 1 pack Strawberries (400g)
- 150g Lemon Curd
- 150g Mascarpone
- 150g Full Fat Greek Yoghurt
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 250g Ginger Nuts
- 125g Digestives
- 125g Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar for dusting
- Lightly grease a 24cm fluted flan base. If you have opted to use a store-bought pastry case skip step 1 and step 2.
- In a blender, pulse together the gingernuts and digestives until they become fine crumbs. Next, combine the melted butter and evenly coat the flan tin in the biscuit mixture, pressing down with medium force. Refrigerate the base for at least 30 mins.
- With a whisk, beat together the lemon curd, Greek yoghurt and Mascarpone and CBD oil until combined and then coat the base of the tart evenly with this mixture. Leave to set in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Hull, slice and arrange the strawberries on the tart. Then Grate the lemon zest onto the tart, being careful not to add any of the bitter white pith.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve!