CBD-Infused Chocolate Fondant Recipe
Happy World Chocolate Day!
Love Hemp Brand Ambassador, and food fanatic, @pescatarianldn creates this CBD-Infused Chocolate Fondant masterpiece, to celebrate World Chocolate Day!
Chocolate, while seen as a treat for many, is a staple in her household, especially our CBD infused chocolate balls. Made from 64% coca and infused with 50mg CBD, deep and rich in flavour, yet somehow irresistibly smooth and mellow, our chocolate balls really are the perfect way of treating yourself to a delicious dose of CBD.
To make this little bit of food heaven, follow the recipe below:
CBD-Infused Chocolate Fondant
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
100g Love Hemp® CBD Dark Chocolate Balls, 25mg per serving
100g Unsalted Butter, diced
2 Free range eggs
1 Egg yolk
60g Fine Caster sugar
30g Flour, sieved
Butter, for greasing the pudding moulds
Cacao Powder, for dusting the pudding moulds
Serving suggestions: Whipped Cream or Ice cream
*You will need 8cm x 5cm Pudding Moulds
- Butter the pudding moulds and dust generously with cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a bain-marie (place the chocolate and butter into a heat proof bowl that sits over a pan of very gently simmering water. The water level should not touch the glass). Stir until smooth and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together for 5-10 mins until the mixture is pale and has doubled in volume. An electric whisk is handy here.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold gently until combined.
- Gently sift in the flour and fold again until combined.
- Divide the chocolate mixture evenly into the buttered and dusted moulds.
- Refrigerate the moulds for an hour or up to 7 hours if you are making the puddings in advance.
- Bake the puddings at 200°C for exactly 12 minutes and leave to stand for 1 minute. If you are using a thinner mould, you will need to bake the puddings for a minute or two less.
- Turn the puddings out onto small plates and dust with a little cacao powder. Enjoy!