CBD Infused Cherry Margarita
It's 24th July and believe it or not, that means National Tequila Day!
Since we are in the summer season, what better way to refresh yourself than with this delicious CBD-infused Margarita recipe?
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
0.75ml Love Hemp CBD Liquid Oil Drops, 1200mg Wild Cherry Flavour, 30mg per drink
10 Fresh Cherries, pitted
45ml/ 1.5oz Tequila
15ml /0.5oz Triple Sec or Maraschino Liquor (recommended)
1 lime, juiced
1.5-2tsp Sugar syrup or Honey, to sweeten
(Opt.)1tsp Egg white*
Salt for rim
Lime Wheel, for garnish
2 Cherries, for garnish
*TOP TIP: CBD Binds best when a fat source is added. If you are making this recipe in big batch or in advance I recommend adding a little egg white (a fat source) so the mixture doesn't separate. The vigorous shake in step 4 will roughly distribute the CBD but has time to separate over time. I generally serve my cocktails immediately and therefore don't always add the egg white.
Always drink responsibly!
- Rub the rim of a cocktail glass with a lime wedge and dip the rim in coarse salt.
- Puree the cherries either using a pestle and mortar or a small blender.
- (Opt.) For those who don't like bits, strain the Puree, using a spoon to press the liquid through.
- Add the ice cubes to the cocktail shaker along with the CBD, Tequila, Liqueur , lime juice, honey, egg white* and Cherry Puree. Shake vigorously.
- Using a strainer, strain the cocktail into salt dipped glasses on ice. Decorate with a cherry and lime wheel.