It's 24th July and believe it or not, that means National Tequila Day!
Since we are in the summer season, what better way to refresh yourself than with this delicious CBD-infused Margarita recipe?
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
0.75ml Love Hemp CBD Liquid Oil Drops, 1200mg Wild Cherry Flavour, 30mg per drink
10 Fresh Cherries, pitted
45ml/ 1.5oz Tequila
15ml /0.5oz Triple Sec or Maraschino Liquor (recommended)
1 lime, juiced
1.5-2tsp Sugar syrup or Honey, to sweeten
(Opt.)1tsp Egg white*
Salt for rim
Lime Wheel, for garnish
2 Cherries, for garnish
*TOP TIP: CBD Binds best when a fat source is added. If you are making this recipe in big batch or in advance I recommend adding a little egg white (a fat source) so the mixture doesn't separate. The vigorous shake in step 4 will roughly distribute the CBD but has time to separate over time. I generally serve my cocktails immediately and therefore don't always add the egg white.
Always drink responsibly!
- Rub the rim of a cocktail glass with a lime wedge and dip the rim in coarse salt.
- Puree the cherries either using a pestle and mortar or a small blender.
- (Opt.) For those who don't like bits, strain the Puree, using a spoon to press the liquid through.
- Add the ice cubes to the cocktail shaker along with the CBD, Tequila, Liqueur , lime juice, honey, egg white* and Cherry Puree. Shake vigorously.
- Using a strainer, strain the cocktail into salt dipped glasses on ice. Decorate with a cherry and lime wheel.