Veganuary started in 2014 as a way to boost the profile of the vegan lifestyle. It has grown in popularity every year, with an estimated 629,000 people taking part in 2022. We expect this number has increased further in 2023.
Since all ingestible Love Hemp products are plant-based, we thought we would share a few of our favourite CBD recipes from the archives. So if you’re taking part in Veganuary, you’re a full-time vegan, or just looking to add a few plant-based meals to your roster, we’ve got a few ideas to help.
What is Veganuary?
Veganuary is a portmanteau of vegan and January. It is a month-long challenge to stick to a plant-based diet, and many people make this a permanent change long after January. Others may pledge to have meat-free mondays as a way to cut down on their meat consumption.
It’s an opportunity to explore new recipes, shake up your diet and see if veganism is right for you. If nothing else, it’s a great way to make January a little less dreary and dull.
Why Choose Plant-based Foods?
Going vegan has numerous health benefits, and it can also be kinder to your wallet. If you’re looking for a way to make your money go a little further, choosing a plant-based diet could help. A plant-based diet is also great for the environment and you’ll be helping to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
While it is certainly possible to eat an unhealthy and expensive vegan diet, a plant-based diet that is focused on whole foods can be cheap and healthy. Instead of stocking your trolley with expensive meat and dairy, you’ll be loading up on veggies, pulses, grains and healthy sources of fat.
If you’re curious about going vegan but aren’t sure if you’ll be able to hack a life without meat and cheese, we recommend exploring some new plant-based recipes and replacing a few non-vegan meals with plant-based meals every week. It’s a small change that can make a big difference.
Why Add CBD to Vegan Food?
Our CBD is completely plant-based, so you can enjoy it as part of a vegan lifestyle. You could add CBD gummies, capsules or oil spray into your daily routine with ease. But we’re also big fans of adding CBD to our favourite meals for a little boost.
Our favourite plant-based CBD recipes for 2023
Looking for some recipe inspiration to get you through to the end of Veganuary and beyond? Try these incredible recipes that are all enhanced with the addition of CBD oil.
Nothing beats a hearty bowl of soup when the rain is coming down sideways and you’re fighting off a case of the sniffles. This CBD super soup is everything you need to keep the winter blues at bay
Serves: 2 with 20mg CBD per serving
- 1 pack of tomatoes and 1 pack of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole head of garlic
- A bunch of basil
- Chilli flakes or fresh chilli
- 1 veg stock cube 400ml water
- 60ml coconut cream
- 1ml Love Hemp CBD Oil Drops 1200mg (40mg CBD)
- Mixed seeds to garnish
- Wash the tomatoes then place on a baking tray
- Add 1 whole head of garlic with the top chopped off
- Add the basil
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh chilli, or chilli flakes
- Season with salt & pepper
- Roast at 180c for 45 mins
- Remove the garlic bulb, squeeze out the garlic into a pan of vegetable stock & transfer all the tomatoes to the pan.
- Add 70ml coconut cream.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with seeds, CBD oil and coconut cream.
A common fear from those considering a vegan lifestyle is that they will struggle to satisfy their sweet tooth. If the thought of giving up milk chocolate sends a shiver down your spine, try this sweet chocolate avocado mousse before you make any decisions.
You might think of avocado as a breakfast saviour, often chopped chunky on toast and topped with eggs. But when you blend it, it takes on a whole other personality. It’s also a great way to use up ripe avocados before they brown.
Serves: 4 with 25mg CBD per serving
- 100g Love Hemp CBD Dark Chocolate Balls (100mg CBD)
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 3tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 50ml Oat milk
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3tbsp Maple syrup
- Serving suggestion: Whipped Coconut Cream and Berries
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie (place the chocolate and butter into a heat proof bowl that sits over a pan of very gently simmering water. The water level should not touch the glass). Stir until smooth and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the slightly cooled chocolate along with the remaining ingredients into a high powered blender until silky smooth.
- Use a spatula to scrape the mixture evenly between the ramekins using the edge to create a swirled finish. Serve immediately with (opt.) whipped coconut cream and berries. For a thicker consistency, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours and remove from the fridge 30 mins before serving.
A smoothie bowl is a great way to feel like you’re enjoying dessert for breakfast. To make a smoothie bowl, you start with a typical breakfast smoothie but instead of drinking it from a glass, you pour it into a bowl. You can then finish it with delicious toppings that are packed with nutrients.
Add a scoop of your favourite protein powder to make this the perfect pre or post-workout fuel.
Serves: 1 with 40mg CBD per serving
- 1ml Love Hemp CBD Oil Drops 1200mg (40mg CBD)
- ½ Frozen avocado
- 200g Frozen mango
- 90g Spinach
- A light splash of coconut milk - just enough to get the blender running
- Protein Powder (optional)
- Fruits (Kiwi, Berries, Bananas, Peaches, Pears, Pineapple)
- Seeds / Nuts /Cacao Nibs /Coconut Flakes
- Peanut butter / Agave
- Mint leaves
- Place all ingredients into the blender and blend for a minute or so, until smooth and creamy. The amount of coconut milk needed will vary depending on how powerful your machine is. If you find you’ve added too much liquid, add a handful of ice to thicken the consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and decorate with your preferred toppings.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Looking For More Vegan Inspiration?
Scour our recipe archives for more recipes with a CBD twist. Many of our recipes can easily be made vegan with a few small adjustments. We’re confident you’ll love these: